Sights

1,987 locations, 17 categories.

Map
Usedom Children's Rehabilitation Center

Usedom Children's Rehabilitation Center

Loddin

The Usedom Children’s Rehabilitation Center is located in a beautiful park in Loddin, not far from the Baltic Sea. The fully renovated Usedom Children’s Rehabilitation Center has 140 beds for patients and their accompanying adults. On a limited basis, the center can also accommodate individuals with two to three children. All rooms are modern, functional, and child-friendly, and feature an en suite bathroom, a telephone, and a balcony. Some rooms are equipped to accommodate guests with disabilities and wheelchair users. The facility also includes common areas, a bathing area with an accessible exercise pool, and spacious outdoor grounds. The rehabilitation center is situated in a beautiful park on a hill, just 150 meters from the beach. The beach is accessible without steps for both wheelchair users and mothers with children in strollers.

Children's Playground at the Hospitaler Bastion

Children's Playground at the Hospitaler Bastion

Stralsund

A wide variety of playground equipment themed around the “Siege of Wallenstein” invites children to play. Playground equipment: slide, playhouse, balancing beam, monkey bars, wobbly bridge, climbing structure, climbing frame with slide, sandbox, swing. Recommended by us for children ages 1 and up. Features: Fenced, surrounded by greenery, benches, shade The playground is located on the edge of the Old Town near the theater, in a green park area overlooking the Knieper Pond. Children can really let off steam in the large sandbox, and their parents can keep a close eye on them from the benches. The playground is easily accessible via bus lines 1 and 4.

Children's playground at the lido

Children's playground at the lido

Stralsund

The playground right on the beach! Play equipment: toddler slide, spring rocker, slide, balancing elements, swings, toddler swing and climbing frame, climbing element, climbing equipment with sand surface, swing. Recommended for children aged 3 and over. Facilities: located in the countryside and on the beach, benches The children's playground is located directly on Stralsund beach and offers a variety of climbing and balancing options. Swings and seesaws also make children's hearts beat faster here. The beach sand invites you to build castles and is a soft cushion if you slip while climbing. This playground is easy to reach with the number 4 bus.

Children's playground in Bodstedt

Children's playground in Bodstedt

Outdoor public playground for children up to the age of 10 at the Leuchtturm daycare center mostly sunny location / shady spots under trees available The children's playground in Bodstedt has the following play equipment in a small parkour Slide (1) Spinning carousel (1) Sandpit with sand mill (1) Scaffolding with swings (6) Climbing frame with climbing nets, balancing plates and slackline (1) See-saw animals (4) Good to know: The playground in Bodstedt has several benches, Dogs are not allowed, Parking spaces directly at the playground, sports field and football pitch 100m further on. In the immediate vicinity: Restaurant with ice cream shop (1), fish takeaway (1), bus stop (1), natural swimming area (1), cycle path (1), harbor with passenger ships (1)

Children's playground in Pruchten

Children's playground in Pruchten

Outdoor - public playground for children up to 12 years of age on the old railroad embankment of the Darßbahn mostly sunny location / shady spots under trees available The children's playground in Pruchten has the following play equipment: Play ship with slide, climbing net, lookout Scaffolding with tire swing (6) Climbing tower (1) Ball pit (1) See-saw animals (4) Good to know: The playground in Pruchten has 2 benches, Sports and soccer pitch with soccer goals right next to it and freely accessible, No dogs allowed, dog run (fenced) right next to it and freely accessible. In the immediate vicinity: Restaurant (1), café (1), ice cream parlor (1), bus stop (1), cycle path (2)

Children's playground in Saal

Children's playground in Saal

Outdoor - public playground for children up to 14 years at the village community center mostly sunny location / shady spots under trees available The children's playground in Saal has the following play equipment in a parkour Ropeway (1) Balancing parkour (1) with balancing plates, bridges, beams and slackline, among other things Play tower with slide, lookout, climbing wall (1) Swings (5), including a nest swing Basketball hoop (1) Table tennis table (1) Good to know: The playground in Saal has several benches, Parking spaces at the village community center, sports field and football pitch right next to it, Dogs are not allowed. In the immediate vicinity: Restaurant with ice cream shop (1), water sports center on the Bodden (1) with natural swimming area and snack bar, bus stop (1)

Kiek Movie Theater in Malchin

Kiek Movie Theater in Malchin

Malchin

Fun and leisure with friends and family LOUNGE & BAR | MOVIES | EVENTS A warm welcome to everyone looking for a good time and to all lovers of culinary and cinematic delights! In the heart of Malchin, Kiek in offers a place for every taste, whether in the cinema, the hall, or the cozy lounge/bar. Culinary variety, a central location for families and friends, and above all, a great atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you and cordially invite you to take a look around our website. Enjoy the special atmosphere of our cozy club cinema, which seats 32 guests.

Malchow Movie Theater

Malchow Movie Theater

Malchow

Whether it's a blockbuster, arthouse film, niche cinema, or a film shown in its original language—the Malchow movie theater has something for every film lover! Once a month, we screen a selected feature film. For more information and showtimes, please see the event calendar.

Anklam Movie Theater

Anklam Movie Theater

Anklam

The Anklam Cinema Center has 3 movie theaters. Located on the grounds of a shopping center, the cinema offers a pure movie experience in three auditoriums with up to 159 seats. There is an outdoor terrace and a wide selection of drinks and snacks. Special events for groups of 20 or more can also be arranged upon request.

Alt Bukow Church

Alt Bukow Church

Alt Bukow

The Protestant Church is a historic landmark in Alt Bukow. The single-nave Gothic brick church dates back to the 15th century. The massive square tower stands on the west side; it is as wide as the nave. The east window was created around 1960 by Lothar Mannewitz and depicts the risen Christ.

Blankenförde Church

Blankenförde Church

Roggentin

Churches in the Region - Discover small village churches or large, restored structures from the era of the Knights of St. John. You can feel the powerful aura of these ancient buildings, and for a moment, time seems to stand still. - The half-timbered church in Blankenförde - The half-timbered church in Blankenförde-Kakeldütt... In 1702, a new half-timbered church was built after the church on the outskirts of the village had burned down completely. On the southern long wall of the church is an ornate portal carved from oak. The altar, crafted in the Flemish Baroque style, is decorated in white and gold, as is the pulpit. Also worth seeing is the oil painting to the right of the altar, which was formerly the centerpiece of a 16th-century altar. The names of the donors from that time are immortalized on the church’s colorful stained-glass windows, as well as on the pewter candlesticks, the pewter baptismal font, and the communion chalice.Blankenförde-Kakeldütt Traces of Mesolithic settlements indicate very early habitation in the area around Blankenförde. Blankenförde itself was first mentioned in 1256 as “Blankenvort.” Judging by the name, it was an early Germanic settlement. It is reasonable to interpret “Blankenvort” as “place at a white / clear ford.” The name of the village Kakeldütt, first mentioned in a document in 1342, also refers to its proximity to water. However, in this case, the root of the word lies in the Old Slavic “hoholu,” which means “whirlpool” or “eddy” and points to a Slavic settlement. Both places have always been farming villages. Blankenförde came into the possession of the Dargun Monastery in 1256 and was purchased by the Mirow Commandery of the Order of St. John in 1359. After the secularization of the commandery, it became part of the Mirow district. Kakeldütt was donated to the Knights of St. John in Mirow in 1342 by Princes Nicolaus III and Bernhard von Werle.

Damshagen church

Damshagen church

Damshagen

The Damshagen church is a brick building from the 14th century with remarkable architectural details and historic chapels. An important testimony to the history of Klützer Winkel. St. Thomas Church is one of the old churches from the time of the German mission and settlement of the Klützer Winkel. The brick building was constructed in three sections at the beginning of the 14th century. The entire outer walls of the nave were built in Wendish bond. The single-nave church building with the externally buttressed choir with a 5/8 end was remodeled several times both inside and out. The Gothic windows on the outside were modernized. Parts of the original zigzag frieze on the nave have been preserved. Chapels were added to the north side of the nave. One serves as a burial chapel, the other, originally the staircase to the patronal stalls, is now used as a mortuary.

Drosedow church

Drosedow church

Wustrow OT Drosedow

Drosedow church - located directly on the Mecklenburg Lake District pilgrimage route The church in Drosedow dates back to 1882 and is a neo-Gothic brick building. Above the entrance to the church is a tower-like structure in which the bell hangs. The interior of the church is in the neo-Gothic style. The altar in this church also has an altar screen. The pulpit and the gallery are rather plain - there is no organ here.

Church Groß Mohrdorf

Church Groß Mohrdorf

The 13th century church in Groß Mohrdorf invites you to discover historical art. The pulpit, the organ from 1870 and the rococo altar are particularly impressive. Come by and experience history up close! The 13th century brick church with its striking tower and elegant polygonal choir is impressive even from a distance. Inside, a magnificent baroque interior with pulpit, altar and baptismal angel as well as a historic organ await you. All around, a well-kept cemetery with neo-Gothic mausoleums invites you to take a stroll. Visit the church for services, concerts or simply to be amazed!

Church Groß Zicker

Church Groß Zicker

The village church in Groß Zicker (Boddenstraße 14a) was built around 1360 and is the oldest building on Mönchgut. For more than 650 years, people have gathered here for worship and prayer on both happy and sad occasions. The small church has had an eventful history. Like the people of Mönchgut, it suffered greatly during the wars of the 17th and 19th centuries. Fortunately, the beautiful interior with its five-sided, cross-ribbed vaulted choir and flat-roofed nave has retained its original form through all these times. As a result, the church retains its bright Gothic beauty to this day. This gives it its special character and makes it a particular attraction for many vacation guests - and for many wedding couples. Some of the oldest furnishings from the Middle Ages include the altar mensa, the sacramental shrine and a bell. Over the centuries, the baroque pulpit was added in 1653, the Grüneberg organ in 1864 and the chandelier of the Thiessow pilots in 1868. And even today we occasionally add something. The latest additions include two new bells, the votive nave, the pensive angel and the Jakobstein in front of the church. By the way: when you visit the church, take some time to visit the old cemetery around the church. With its old gravestones, it tells an impressive story of the hope that sustained our ancestors, even in the face of death.

Hanstorf Church

Hanstorf Church

Hanstorf

The church in Hanstorf dates back to the 13th century. The church in Hanstorf, originally an early Gothic fieldstone structure from the 13th century, was later expanded to include a nave and a three-sided chancel with buttresses, using brick. The building stands on a slight hill within a cemetery enclosed by a brick wall. It is considered one of the region’s most significant medieval structures. To arrange a visit, please contact the Hanstorf rectory.

Heringsdorf Church

Heringsdorf Church

Seebad Heringsdorf

The church in Heringsdorf belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church. The Heringsdorf church owes its construction to the rapid development of seaside tourism on the island of Usedom in the 19th century. The Waldkirche in Bansin, completed in 1939, also owes its existence to seaside tourism. The church was built of traditional brick according to plans by Ludwig Persius, a student of Schinkel. Both Frederick William IV and many Heringsdorf residents, as well as wealthy guests from Berlin, were among the supporters of the church’s construction. The church was consecrated in September 1848 and was expanded and renovated in 1914.

Church Jatznick

Church Jatznick

Jatznick

The church in Jatznick probably dates back to the 14th century. The fieldstone building was probably erected in the 14th century. The year of construction is unknown. The west tower with its half-timbered tower and curved dome was added in the 18th century. The church was extensively renovated in the early 1990s.

Jürgenstorf church

Jürgenstorf church

Stavenhagen

The Jürgenstorf church is clearly visible from all roads leading into the parish and cannot be missed. The Gothic church in Jürgenstorf was built in the 14th century. After the 30-year war, only part of the tower remained. The church was rebuilt around 1700 and restored in 2006. The church is a rectangular half-timbered building with a west tower and mono-pitched roof. Inside the church is a vestibule containing the former patron's lodge. Today, this part is used as a winter church. The altar and the altarpiece depicting the crucifixion of Jesus are particularly impressive. The two wings show the apostles. The construction of the altar shrine, which is rather unusual for Mecklenburg, and the box wings suggest that it was created in the Oberbruch region (Frankfurt/Oder). On the left is the pulpit from the early 18th century. The four evangelists are immortalized on the pulpit. In the bell tower, which can be reached via a separate staircase, there are two medieval bells. The parish cemetery is also located on the church grounds. Here you will find the resting place of the former estate manager J.F. Schecker, who served the Low German writer Fritz Reuter as a model for his famous novel character "Unkel Bräsig". Guided tours of Jürgenstorf church are possible by prior arrangement by telephone. Please contact Heidelore Köhler on 039955 20782 or 0162 9894557.

Karlshagen Church

Karlshagen Church

Karlshagen

Along with the church in Bansin, the church in Karlshagen is the only church built in the 20th century on the island of Usedom. Due to the growing number of residents and vacationers, a church was built and consecrated in Karlshagen in 1912. During World War II, Peenemünde was bombed on the night of August 17–18, 1943. The church, which was destroyed and burned down in the attack, was rebuilt in 1953 thanks to a fundraising campaign led by Karlshagen’s pastor, Adolf Spreemann. In 1991, the church underwent extensive renovation. Today, the church is used for a variety of purposes as a hall church.

Kessin Church

Kessin Church

Kessin

The Kessin Church is located in the Rostock district and belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran parish of Kessin. The church was built in the 12th/13th century and was first mentioned in a document in 1171. The recessed choir, which constitutes the oldest part of the building, was constructed of granite fieldstones. The window jambs and the east gable are built of brick. Large portions of the medieval murals were restored in 1977 during renovation work. The current church tower was added in 1886 after the original tower—which stood between the choir and the sexton’s house in the cemetery—caught fire following a lightning strike. The largest bell in the tower today comes from the bell tower of St. Jacoki Church in Rostock, which was destroyed during World War II. To the northwest of the church stands the rectory, which was built in 1696. It is one of the oldest buildings in the region and is a listed historic monument.

Kröpelin Church

Kröpelin Church

Kröpelin

The Kröpelin Church is an imposing brick building in the center of town. A wooden church was first built in Kröpelin in 1186. It was not until between the 13th and 15th centuries that an imposing brick building was erected in the center of town. The main part of the tower and the chapel to the south date from the late Gothic period of the 15th century. Tours are available by appointment at the rectory.

Leussow church

Leussow church

Roggentin

Churches in the region - Experience small village churches or large, restored buildings from the time of the Knights of St. John. You can feel the powerful aura of these old buildings and for a moment, time stands still. -The church in Leussow Leussow was first transferred to the Mirower Johanniter as a church fief in 1301. The church in Leussow is one of the few neo-Romanesque brick churches built in the 19th century or early 20th century. It was built between 1868 and 1870. The round-arched windows are striking, as in the church in Feldberg/Mecklenburg. Similar to the church in Babke, the church tower was partially placed in front of the nave and has four sundials. Only the entrance portal was moved further forward. The tower has a slate roof and bears a cross. The tower has the shape of a small bishop's mitre with its four triangles pointing upwards. There are two bells. You can take a look inside the church in summer.

Lichtenhagen-Dorf Church

Lichtenhagen-Dorf Church

Lichtenhagen

The Lichtenhagen Village Church is the church of the Evangelical Lutheran parish of Lichtenhagen in Elmenhorst/Lichtenhagen in the district of Rostock. The Lichtenhagen Church was first mentioned in 1319. Built largely of uncut boulders, the church dates from the transition period between the Romanesque and Gothic eras and was constructed in stages through several renovations. The rectangular choir with a straight apse from the 13th century is the oldest part of the church. Here, one can find vault paintings from the 14th century. The three-aisled nave was built later. The 42-meter-high west tower is topped by a roof in the shape of a “bishop’s miter.” A major renovation took place in 1892 based on designs by Gotthilf Ludwig Möckel, during which stained-glass windows were also installed. Since 1998, the church has undergone extensive renovation in several phases with the support of a Friends’ Association.