Island of RügenLietzowPOI base entry: CategoriesPOIsProduct linesRegionsRügenRügen Tourist OfficeRügen/HiddenseeServiceStationsTMVto-mv.de
Lietzow station (Rügen)
Lietzow railroad station is located on the southern edge of the village. Inaugurated in 1891 as a stop on the Stralsund-Sassnitz railroad line, the railroad line to Binz has branched off here since 1939.
Lietzow station is located on the southern edge of the village and separates the actual village from the Little Jasmund Bodden. To be precise, this is now just an inland lake, as there is no direct connection to other bodies of water. This is not least due to the railroad, as a dam was built in front of the village for this very purpose. The station itself had extensive track facilities until the dismantling of some of the tracks in 2008 and the complete reconstruction in 2010/2011. This was mainly due to its function as a back-up station for the Sassnitz ferry station. The two outer platform tracks, which still followed the old coastline from the time the station was built, were striking.